Qi Gong is “an ancient Chinese system of exercise and meditation that makes the mind and spirit tranquil, improves performance in sports, such as martial arts, and cultivates health, well-being, and long life.” (Kenneth Cohen)
It’s also called Chinese yoga, because there are some similarities with yoga, but the movements are simpler and easier to do, more similar to the ones in Tai Chi. This 4000 years old, ancient Chinese practise focuses on the energy of your body, physical, emotional and spiritual to gain control over your Life Force Energy/Qi/Chi to enhance your quality of life.
The Key to Combating Stress, Trauma, Illness
Your problem is not the stressful situation, but your reaction to it, which is energetically imprinted in your own energy field. So simply trying to change the situation with positive thoughts, won’t help. If you want to make lasting changes to your mind and how you feel, you must release that stuck energy through breathing and working on your body, to adjust your mind. Practicing Qigong regularly helps you to achieve exactly that.
Eva Maria Hunt Energy Therapist, Certified Qigong for Health Teacher
In 2013 I was drawn to an amazing internal martial art called Bagua. I have been practising that for my personal self- and spiritual development for 1.5 years with a long term goal of becoming a Bagua teacher. However a health problem made me realise this wasn’t meant to be, so I started to search for a similar art of movement, which is less demanding on my joints. This is when I have found qigong, a self-healing art that I was able to do in my condition. I have to admit I have treated it, as a second best at that point, but with time, practising qigong proved to be really beneficial on all levels.
- My body became stronger, and it was able to heal itself,
- I learnt to release harmful emotions and balance my mood better,
- I managed to conquer my mind-chatter and
- I have reached new spiritual heights with the help of qigong meditations.
So much so, in 2014 I became a certified qigong for health teacher with many years of experience in energy healing to teach this beautiful self-healing art to others.
Reach a new level of Healthy, in Mind, Body and Soul with my expert guidance!
If you decide to join my workshops, classes or 1 to 1 sessions, you will get a unique combination of insight into your energy system and useful qigong exercises to
- get healthier,
- prevent illnesses and
- become happier.
By committing to qigong you have a chance to reach a NEW LEVEL OF HEALTHY, in Mind, Body and Soul.
- aids the physical body, by helping the immune system and make tension disappear,
- helps overcome stress and emotional overwhelm on the emotional and mental level and
- aids raising consciousness and your energy vibration, which takes you higher on the spiritual level.
There are thousands of different schools of Qigong practised all over the world by millions of people. They all fall in 3 different categories:
- Martial Art Qi Gong (as the name suggests a form of martial art, although certain movements are incorporated in my teaching material too)
- Medical Qi Gong (exercises to help healing on all levels: physical, mental, spiritual and emotional, reducing inflammation and speeding up recovery time after surgery)
- Spiritual Qi Gong (meditation practices)
I combine the latter two in the 1 to 1 sessions, classes and workshops I hold.
My biggest fear with Qigong was, will it get boring? I can assure you it is never boring. There are so many styles to choose from, like 5 animal qigong, 8 trigram organ qigong, etc. whatever your skill level or interest, there is something for everyone. And of course qigong is an exciting way of mindfulness.
Qigong and Mindfulness
Qigong doesn’t work without awareness and focus. And these are the basic requirements for mindfulness too. Awareness presents an opportunity for change in your body, mind and emotions. Opposed to mainstream mindfulness practices, here we do it involving your entire energy being: mind, body and emotions to reach beyond the physical with
- gentle exercises
- relaxed posture
- focused breathing and
- mindful intentions.
The result is flowing meditation – a unique form of relaxation.
Through the combination of these, you are cultivating your energy, working with your own Qi (Life force energy).
Some of the health benefits of practicing Qigong
- restores the energy flow in your body
- Boosts your immune system
- Helps with weight control
- Improves circulation (arthritis, chronic fatigue)
- Balances your emotions
- Reduces stress levels…
How does qigong for health work?
It re-establishes the Mind, Body & Soul Connection by creating an awareness of and influences the dimensions of your being that are not part of traditional exercises.
It works with your
- meridian lines (energy highways or rivers of your body)
- Dan Tien system (the three elixir fields, another energy system in your being),
- intent, affirmations
- breathing techniques...
When these dimensions are added they exponentially increase the benefits of the exercises creating a positive outlook on your life and a balanced life style….
During the classes/workshops/sessions you get an introduction to this ancient Chinese energy system and you will learn easy and low impact exercises:
- to remove energy blocks from your system,
- increase flow of energy,
- and awaken your body’s natural healing ability…
So we work with your aura/energy field, your meridian lines, dan tiens and chakras. As the meridian lines run through main organs and the chakras supply energy to them too, by working with these energy systems you create harmony and balance in your body and electro-magnetic field. By doing so, you are strengthening your vessel, and training it to be able to hold more light, as you are raising your vibrations and consciousness.
Try it for yourself! Join us at
Upcoming seasonal Qigong workshops:
Upcoming Qigong classes from autumn:
New Qigong Classes - coming soon!
New! Qigong for Back Pain -coming soon!